Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9. welcome cup of tea

  
We drove through the rural area of south central England, through rolling hills, on these narrow single lane roads with speed limits of 50!
 
I love love this green perimeter. tall green trees, shrubs, over a brick wall. 💕
our hostess brought us warm tea and cookies.  best. ever. tea.
these too were really sweet accommodations.  nice choosing Dad!
glow in the dark stars on the curtains, Beatrix Potter stuffies and framed artwork. in my little room for her grandchildren.


 i also heart this dining room surrounded by windows.
 We drove to a nearby castle for a fancy dinner.  here is my goat cheese with a few toppings. lol.

another complication of driving in England.  folks park in the road - in your lane, so you've got to swerve a bit.

After dinner, we walked around the town of Kineton.


 
a towel warmer was present in every Airb&b bathroom.  it's on my Christmas list.  warms up the room like a radiator, also warms & dries your towel.  lovely.
 these compression bags were fantastic. worth the money.  helped keep me organized and maximize my carry-on backpack.  also embracing my hippie soul, with the rock deodorant. it worked!

 this particular Airb&b is a real b&b.  add a good English breakfast to the list of nice things here.

 Mom was brave, built up a taste for Marmite.  a good source of niacin - vitamin B3.  I need to get excited about it.  recent study found that lack of Vitamin B3 may cause miscarriages.  better sleep, prevent dementia, etc....  i guess I'll pick some up.  should have just got it there.


She had a path mowed in the grass for the grandchildren, leading to the castle.  happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment