Monday, September 5, 2016

HI: Hapuna





I took an early morning walk around Kona, I saw the sunrise over one of the volcanic mountains.  saw kids waiting for the school bus and also found the LDS temple at the top of the hill.  saw the historic princess's private ocean pool.

 

We explored a lava tube along the side of the road.

We drove one hour north to 10:30 on the clock, to Hapuna Beach.  This is one of the most famous beaches on the island.  A half mile of white sands and again, crystal clear water.  It just doesn't get any better than this.  

This trip was my first real vacation for which I've planned the itinerary (and i didn't do it without help from cousin K). anyway, the point is that I wasn't sure how much we could pack into each day.  fortunately, we had lots of time for extra activities and didn't feel rushed.  as I'm looking at the photos, I'm feeling ready to go back and spend more time there ... maybe we will.












1 comment: