Saturday, September 3, 2016

HI day 1

We have so many good things. We have a great little family and a great extended family.  We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with a vacation.  E got to bond with UT cousins for the whole week.  He enjoyed some independence and grew a little taller, I think.
R and I flew to the Big Island of Hawaii where we relaxed and smiled all week long (proof in the following 200 pictures).  i think it was a success!  we did miss our kiddo, but know that he had a blast.  thank you so so much to my sisters for totally covering childcare and entertainment.  Knowing that he was in good hands helped us to enjoy our travels without worry.
The other amazing family member to thank is our cousin K.  We met cousin K just a year ago, and what a joy she is.  We met at a family dinner (prompted because Ms. AJ's friend somehow asked my maiden name, connected that to K's twin, and now Ms AJ and i are friends!) just before she was moving to HI.  I have checked in on her via blog and when we decided to visit HI, it was so obvious that the BI was full of FUN and beauty.  I wrote to cousin K and she shared priceless itinerary ideas.  with our house sale and move, and my novice vacation planning skills, there is no way i could have planned such a thorough and lovely trip without her help.  she told us about places that we never would have known to visit just from reading the travel guides.  her excitement and enthusiasm were contagious.  thank you so much to cousin K for sharing your energy and family adventures on your blog!!  there are more places to see and places worth seeing again, and snorkel gear to be used... so maybe we'll get back out there before she leaves.
I'll use some of her words here because she's a better writer than me.

E and I took an uber and then light rail to the airport.  I was able to fly with E to SLC.  C picked us up AND then took me back 6 hours later.  i totally owe my sisters.  i hope they all come visit in our new house and let me make them dinners and give free room and board for a vacation.
It was fun to try soduko on the long flight.  sister A and Dad inspired that.  we arrived to a pouring abnormal rainstorm in Kona.  the airport has covered areas and lots of wet open areas.  :)  but it was warm. ahhhhh.


thanks to R traveling every week for work, he has "frequent flier" status with the rental company, we got a deal on a rental.  He chose a jeep and voiced gratitude for that decision many times.  we had some 4WD experiences and some rainy weather also.


No comments:

Post a Comment